AKA Survey monkey you are a GIT!!!!
*Ahem* right then.
I posted a survey up on the 16th June to start the process of changing my timetable to be better for you lot. I promised I would post my feedback on the info I received so here we go:
Q1 asked: We value your feedback so before we put in place a new timetable we need to know what you want. Please comment on what you would like to see happening in the studio:
The feedback on this one is more or less identical as what the feedback was for Q7 I realised after publishing that I had duplicated and felt like an idiot but ho hum.
Q2 and Q3 asked about bootcamp the feedback was:
The feedback from this was interesting, many of you haven’t attended but the reasons were very varied. Cost was one but I am sorry £5 for bootcamp is very reasonable. I don’t include it in the pass as it is cost prohibitive to the studio. I love you all dearly but I cannot absorb the cost of bootcamp into studio running costs it needs to pay for itself!
There was also an element of fear about bootcamp. I promise you if I can do it so can you all!!! Nick is pretty good at pushing but knowing the limits. Come on! Give it a go and I mean more than once……you all remember your first pole class and how much you hurt….well bootcamp is similar! It takes a couple of classes to get into your groove for it.
Q4 and Q5 asked about Burlesque:
I was quite disappointed with the feedback for this as when ever I talk to people about the studio and mention burlesque they bite my hands off for info about it! So I can’t really understand how the interest is so low……This is one that will need much more investigations I think.
Q6 asked what you liked about the studio:
Okay I admit this question was for a bit of an ego stroking 😉 but I am really pleased with the feedback. I am glad that the most common word is FUN! That brings me so much JOY it’s unreal! I want the playground to be fun for everyone and I will do all I can to achieve this.
Q7 asked what you disliked:
This was a very important question for me to ask. I need your honesty to make the studio awesome. And I am pleased you *nearly* all took it in the manner I needed.
this analysis may be a bit longer bare with me.
– Busy classes more instructors: If I have a class with more than 8 people booked in I will have classroom support there. The problem occurs when people don’t use our online booking system or even tell me they are coming. If I only have 6 people booked in I’m afraid it is cost-prohibitive to have another member of staff there. But when I have 6 booked in and 14 turn up I have problems. You all deal with it so well thank you but please please PLEASE use our booking system to book onto classes.
– Not enough poles: I can’t do anything about that I’m afraid, we have the biggest pole studio in Sheffield!!!
– More structure to classes: Having a mixed ability class means a rigid structure is unviable…..those at lower abilities would feel left out as higher abilities need more spotting etc….I try and keep it fair and balanced but I am very laid back about it and I apologise for that. I will try and add something new for each level in all classes in future 🙂 Also my classes do still have a structure warm-up, Spins, Conditioning, climbs inverts and then cool down. I just have to clarify it a bit more which I will do.
– Men in the classes: I am all about equality in the studio hence why I allow men into all my classes. I understand it can feel intimidating so in the new timetable I will have a Men only and a Women only class available BUT all other classes will be fully inclusive. Any inappropriate behaviour from men or women will not be tolerated in the slightest. I want my studio to be a safe place for all!
– Ideas on progression – My laid back attitude inhibits me here. I know how to push you all I promise. I do have PDC grading abilities for those of you who would like to aim for something. I try to convey the progression I’d like people to take and I need to be more aware of what people are aiming for. If you do want to learn something research and ASK ME! as we have well established I am not psychic…..as much as I wish I were!
– Class Cancellations: I will always try my best to get a class covered if I am unable to attend but most of my cover instructors have 9-5’s and cannot make daytime or early morning classes. I am a mum of 3 and they will ALWAYS come first. Sometimes *some* cancellations are unavoidable. But for those of you on a pass you are already getting great value for money so to imply that you are not getting the most out of your pass because of my very rare cancellations is unfair I’m afraid!
– Jacuzzi and bar: Come on now!!!
Q8 asked about what you would like more of at the studio:
– Longer pole classes: This I am doing when the new timetable goes live then all pole classes *except beginners* will be 1.5 hours long. This will give me more time to make sure you all get something from each class. This will also enable us to have a more effective warm up and cool down in each session.
– More aerial: This one is difficult. I will happily have workshops every few months but if you would like to do more aerial then please contact Greentop circus. They are specifically designed for that stuff. My playground is just for playing with not for regular classes.